Failed to find router for join packet with routing information

I’m getting lot of errors like this one in my DIY hotspot failed to find router for join packet with routing information {eui,13279320454631229713,17034761656237079579}:eui_not_matched, trying default routers and my adafruit_feather_m0 devices are not able to join any more.

Any idea how to fix this?

It’s probably not you. Their system has been going up and down a lot over the last week. I noticed you responded to my post (@meshferg) on discord. A few hours after I posted, packets started routing again. But today, as of about 12:40pm ET, it has stopped again.

1 Like

Thanks, Did you get any feed back from the helium team?

I’m getting the exact same error. I’m new to helium. I can see that my gateway is hitting the miner and a device is trying to join.

<0.1313.0>@blockchain_state_channels_client:handle_cast:1
92 failed to find router for join packet with routing information {eui,1236945208037929500
2,8913702828128727907}:eui_not_matched, trying default routers

Hi there! This error is actually expected at the moment.

The reason is that we are using a shortcut mechanism at the moment called “Default Routing”. It offers all the Join packets to all of the “Default Routers” (aka: OUI addresses or endpoints) that Helium operates.

The final design we are converging on soon will look-up whether that (AppEui,DevEui) is the routing table of each OUI. The OUI maintains a copy of this table on the blockchain which all the miners can reference at any time.

I am currently working on some documentation that will go into more depth on this soon (including details on how to purchase and operate an OUI) so keep an eye out on our devdocs site.

1 Like